Founded in 2018, iFarmer is Bangladesh's 1st Digital Agriculture
Platform focused on connecting farm funders with real farmers
in order to increase safe food production while promoting mass
participation in Agri-Livestock funding. Our vision is to build Bangladesh`s
most efficient and largest agriculture finance and supply chain platform and improve
the lives of farmers, retailers, businesses, and consumers in a meaningful manner.
iFarmer enables the farmer to access funding by selling the farm assets as they grow on
their farm to investors for cash to cover the initial capital required. The farmer
continues to look after the farm assets harvest. At harvest, iFarmer enables the sale of
the farm produce through its B2B supply chain model which ensures a healty return for
the farmer and the farm investor.
By leveraging technology and data , we are also enabling
banks and insruance companies to finance key market actors across the value chain including
input retailers, farmers and traders.
iFarmer Technologies PTE Ltd is an agri- fintech business focusing on innovative financial services for farming and agriculture. iFarmer enables individuals and institutions to finance/invest in farming and earn a return from it. iFarmer works with farmer partners, supporting them with access to finance in the form of investment from individuals and institutions, offers advisory services and access to market.
We are on a mission to "Democratize Agriculture Financing and Supply Chain"
We intend to do so by enabling farmers to be able to access low cost capital, while creating opportunities for individuals and institutions to be able to invest in farming. While iFarmer as a platform offers technology, advisory services, support services (input, feed etc) and access to market. A combination of all these ensures profitable return from farming and agriculture for our farmer partners and the farm sponsors.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build, enhance and manage iFarmers backened and integration with more client end solutions. The key roles include
- Brainstorm with Tech Lead, Product Manager and Designer to conceptualise new features.
- Collaborate with the team to build new features for our growing user base Learn about new technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Help to identify possible bugs and troubleshoot production issues
- Mentor other engineers and deeply review code
- Proven track record as a ROR developer with experience working in Agile environment
- Programming Languages and Frameworks: Ruby, Ruby on Rails
- Databases/Data Stores: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elastic Search, Redis
- Experience in maintaining Cloud Services, eg: AWS, Huawei
- Container tools: Docker, AWS Fargate
- CI/CD: Circle CI, AWS Code Pipeline and Code Build, Bitbucket Pipelines, Capistrano
- Working Knowledge: Git, Bitbucket
- Good To have: Python, DevOps, AnyCable, Web Sockets, ReactJS, NodeJS, AngularJS
- Experience Requirements : 3/4+ years experience in Ruby on Rails development
How to Apply
Office Location: Road 23, Banani, Dhaka
Application Deadline: November 13, 2020
Start Date: December 1 - 15 (asap)
Apply via Email at firstname.lastname@example.org