iFarmer is an award-winning agri-fintech business focusing on innovative financial services for smallholder farmers. iFarmer uses agriculture expertise, agronomic machine learning, remote sensing, and mobile phones to deliver financing, high-quality agriculture inputs, optimized farm advises and creates access to markets that can improve profitability for millions of farmers.
We are on a mission to “Democratize Agriculture financing and Supply chain”.
iFarmer works closely with multiple stakeholders across the agriculture value chain. We are supported by organizations such as UNCDF, UNESCAP, Asia Accelerator, Falcon Ventures, Startup Bangladesh, UNDP Youth CoLab, Acumen, and more.
- Create and execute quality assurance strategy and standards for procurement of maize, paddy, wheat, soybeans and other commodity crops
- Establish inspection protocols, sampling procedures, and lab testing methodologies to verify purchased crops meet specifications
- Manage quality inspection and testing operations including overseeing team of quality personnel
- Analyze results from inspections, audits, and lab tests to identify quality issues and trends
- Evaluate supplier performance based on quality control records and metrics to provide feedback
- Investigate and resolve non-conformances, delivery complaints, and other quality issues
- Maintain documentation and oversee record keeping for all quality activities and compliance reporting
- Recommend improvements to quality program, inspection methods, supplier requirements, and procurement processes
- Stay current on food safety regulations, commodity crop standards, and quality best practices
- Collaborate cross-functionally with procurement, supply chain, and operations teams
The Quality Manager develops, implements, and oversees quality assurance programs and processes for procurement of agricultural commodity crops including maize, paddy, wheat, soybeans, etc. This role manages quality inspection, testing, reporting, and supplier management activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Agriculture, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in quality/inspection role, preferably in commodity crops
- In-depth knowledge of grain/oilseed quality testing and food safety
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret and clearly communicate quality data
- Leadership skills to build effective teams and relationships
- Excellence in organization, documentation, and attention to detail
- Health Insurance
- 2 yearly festival bonuses
- Salary Review: Once in a year
BDT 30000 (based on experience and skill)
Nov 30, 2023
If you think you are fit for this role, you are requested to send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning “Application for Quality Manager - Commodity Crop Procurement” in the subject line by 22 November, 2023.