Founded in 2018, iFarmer is Bangladesh's 1st Digital Agriculture
Platform focused on connecting farm funders with real farmers
in order to increase safe food production while promoting mass
participation in Agri-Livestock funding. Our vision is to build Bangladesh`s
most efficient and largest agriculture finance and supply chain platform and improve
the lives of farmers, retailers, businesses, and consumers in a meaningful manner.
iFarmer enables the farmer to access funding by selling the farm assets as they grow on
their farm to investors for cash to cover the initial capital required. The farmer
continues to look after the farm assets harvest. At harvest, iFarmer enables the sale of
the farm produce through its B2B supply chain model which ensures a healty return for
the farmer and the farm investor.
By leveraging technology and data , we are also enabling
banks and insruance companies to finance key market actors across the value chain including
input retailers, farmers and traders.
About the role
Work closely with the Growth and Business Development team and the COO to design and manage farm portfolio offerings. He/She is also required to assess risk and set-up risk mitigation strategies. The Portfolio and Risk Manager is expected to develop investment objectives aimed to increase investment performance, creating reports on investment activity and performance, communicate effectively internally, and if required with clients regarding their accounts, market conditions, and economic trends. Career advancements include progression to Senior Manager/Directorial role.
It is a varied role that requires the individual to be a problem solver with a flexible approach to working. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small close-knit team working on an innovative business model.
- Degree in business, finance, investment, or a related field preferred
- Proven experience in investment and financial assets management as an analyst or assistant manager in a financial institution environment
- Strong understanding of investment strategies and risk management
- High interest in and enthusiasm about agro-economic and financial market trends
Additional characteristics we’re looking for:
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, the organization’s mission and business model, and respect for our core values: Trust, Thinking Big & Bold, Frugality, Being Curious, Impact and Inclusiveness, Deliver results.
- Moral Imagination: The humility to see the world as it is, and the audacity to imagine the world as it could be.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid operational skills including problem-solving and project management skills, including the ability to work and deliver projects independently, proactively, and under pressure
- Experience working with data and synthesizing findings is a huge plus
- Effectively collaborates with and across teams, seeks and provides constructive feedback
- Ability to thrive when there is ambiguity, remain cool-headed when there are curveballs, and withstand the tests of a rapidly changing environment with resilience and resolve
- Curious – always questioning, always probing, and never blindly accepting
How to Apply
To apply send your CV to email@example.com and on the subject line please mention "Application for Junior Portfolio and Risk Manager"