iFarmer is an award-winning agri-fintech business focusing on innovative financial services for smallholder
farmers. iFarmer uses agriculture expertise, agronomic machine learning, remote sensing, and mobile phones
to deliver financing, high-quality agriculture inputs, optimized farm advises and creates access to markets
that can improve profitability for millions of farmers.
We are on a mission to “Democratize Agriculture financing and Supply chain”.
iFarmer works closely with multiple stakeholders across the agriculture value chain. We are supported by
organizations such as UNCDF, UNESCAP, Asia Accelerator, Falcon Ventures, Startup Bangladesh,
UNDP Youth CoLab, Acumen, and more.
iFarmer is looking for a Junior/Software Engineer to join our Back end team. Applicants with experience of at least 2 years in back end development, preferably in either Ruby on Rails or Python Django are encouraged to apply. We welcome freshers enthusiastic about learning to develop software solutions to apply as well. If selected, the applicant would have the opportunity to work with the iFarmer teach team to develop on our existing solutions, be part of the design thinking and building architecture process of our upcoming solutions, collaborate with the front end team to take part in the full process of application development. There will be ample opportunities to work on front end or with data or on server side as well, should the candidate feels like to explore his/her skills and passion.
- Minimum 2 years experience in RoR or Django (Freshers are encouraged to apply)
- Strong concept in OOP principles
- Willingness to learn and work on Ruby and other languages as well
- Problem solving skill on any online judgment portal will get high priority
- Solid understanding and experience in API building and rest framework
- Experience in working with different databases and moderate proficiency in SQL
- Comfortability in Linux and Version control
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and with team
- Ability to perform under extreme pressure
- Professionalism and good mannerism
We try to provide market standard salary according to your skill and experience. For example: A backend engineer with around 2 years of solid experience can expect 40k+ per month. If you think you deserve more, we are open to discuss and negotiate.
Sun - Thurs; 10am - 6pm.
Send us your resume to career@iFarmer.asia with the subject line "Resume for the position of Software Engineer (Backend)"