iFarmer is an award-winning agri-fintech business focusing on innovative financial services for smallholder farmers. iFarmer uses agriculture expertise, agronomic machine learning, remote sensing, and mobile phones to deliver financing, high-quality agriculture inputs, optimized farm advises and creates access to markets that can improve profitability for millions of farmers.
We are on a mission to “Democratize Agriculture financing and Supply chain”.
iFarmer works closely with multiple stakeholders across the agriculture value chain. We are supported by organizations such as UNCDF, UNESCAP, Asia Accelerator, Falcon Ventures, Startup Bangladesh, UNDP Youth CoLab, Acumen, and more.
About the Role
The research and impact associate will primarily work on planning and conduct research and will also be involved in managing donor funds and grant partnerships and. He/She will be managing data, conducting interviews and publishing research. The Research and Impact Associate must also interpret their data or findings in an actionable way, with the goal being to inform businesses about which decisions they should make and to be able to communicate to a wider range of stakeholders such as NGO and Donor Partners, Government, and others. He/She will be contributing to multiple research and impact projects at once. Communicate with senior researchers to understand business challenges and potential solutions and work with field operations and data engineers to construct and maintain databases.
- Managing and Supporting day-to-day research activities, from planning to implementation, and monitoring quality. This includes training, and supervising both field-based and iFarmer core database
- Refining survey questionnaires and programming them as and when necessary
- Supervising data collection and data-entry processes, and ensuring good quality of the data
- Assisting in data cleaning and preliminary analysis and ensuring ready access to all data for faculty researchers and/or supervisors
- Providing timely updates and responses to partner organizations, and participating in meetings with key stakeholders
- Maintaining accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
- Supporting the preparation of progress and results reports to funding organizations, relevant iFarmer team, iFarmer management, research partners, and sharing them timely
- Monitoring project expenditures and timeline and regularly updating progress reports
- Coordinate with field operations team for project updates.
- Support in developing grant or funding proposals
If you are interested, please apply by 30th November 2021, with the subject line "Application for Research and Impact Associate" and email to firstname.lastname@example.org